Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Back to the Future: Not so much a review, more of a wish.

So, I saw Start Trek Into Darkness Wednesday. It was free thanks to being a BigFanBoy event. Peace to my man Mark.

Sweet fan art showing love to the first movie by Brock Rizy.

I enjoyed it a-lot, and here's my main take away from it: I hope they move on. 

We've gotten the reboot out of our system, we've gotten Khan out of our system, and they've officially started their 5 year mission. Like Scotty said, they're explorers, not military; time to go explore. 

And I'm not against things from the original showing up, but I'm way more interested in seeing the new species and races; new planets, new artifacts, new entities, new phenomena. You know, going where no one has gone before. 

I want to see the new Kirk deal with warring races, neither of which are in the Federation. I want to see new Spock deal with the fact that he could wander the universe and never run into another Vulcan, unless he actively searches for one. I want to see members of the Enterprise crew represent who we don't already know. I want to see Kirk, Spock, Mccoy, and Scotty in four-way brawls to save each other's lives.

I want to see something amazing, I guess. Here's hoping Star Trek III can make that happen.


By the way, did you know Ghostwerks has a Champion of Children collection available now?
Customize
 

No comments:

Post a Comment